"The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have." –Steve Jobs
Leadership | Human-Centered Design | Service Design | Client Experience | Facilitation
- Skilled design leader focused on enhancing design operations and implementing service improvements.
- Analytical and decisive individual with proven track record building creative strategies to meet client objectives.
- Leader among creators and designers focused on mentoring and enhancing knowledge to implement best practices and consistency.
- Diverse experience as designer for prestigious organizations creating impactful solutions for companies.
eLearning Mind | December 2016 - present
Client Experience Director/ Human-Centered Design Consultant
Develop enterprise-level Learning Design strategies for key clients, such as Adobe, Qualcomm and Microsoft through Human-Centered Design consulting sessions.
Direct department of ten Project Managers and more than $3.5m in active project budgets.
Lead Learning Experience Design (LXD) Department of over 10 Instructional Designers through team re-structure.
Establish and implement Learning Experience Design approach to incorporate Human-Centered Design principles and methods for improved creativity, quality of work and client experience.
Drive CX improvement initiatives, building metrics through the collection of qualitative and quantitative client data.
Develop and deploy new, hybrid organizational model across the company.
- Constructed department of Project Managers, growing team from two to ten, increasing team bandwidth from $1.5m in project budgets to over $5m in under a year.
- Built new PM team model to increase team skill sets and flexibility with possibility to scale quickly as needed.
- Led redesign and analysis of company processes for 20% improvement in production efficiency.
- Headed project management tool initiative for improved visibility into key project metrics, including project level financial health, team utilization and client satisfaction.
eLearning Mind, San Diego, CA | March 2016-Nov 2017
Client Experience/ Project Manager
Managed over $1m in Project budgets and owned relationships with more than 20 accounts for high-profile clients such as GE, Godiva, Eli Lilly and Google.
eLearning Mind, San Diego, CA | Oct. 2015-Feb. 2016
Design Process/ Project Strategy Consultant
Took over ownership of relationship with key, Fortune 100 client account and redeveloped Client Experience strategy to successfully drive a struggling project to completion.
Mapped company-wide design process.
Orchestrated design research, interviews, observational studies to identify pain points within companies workflows and processes.
Established collaborative process improvements with Executive leadership to ensure successful service delivery for all stakeholders.
Freebird Creative | January 2011 – March 2016
Design Research & Strategy Consultant
Successfully led numerous freelance design projects for high-profile corporations including Axogen, Hanggi, UC Health, The Showalter Group, and Istituto Lorenzo de’Medici.
Strategically crafted project approaches to meet unique needs of clients and stakeholders.
Employed user-centered design methods, such as personas, interviews and task analysis to frame problems, define insights and guide design concepts.
- Increased sales leads by 150% by establishing visual design for fortune 500-company trade show booths.
Tuscany Flowers, Florence, Italy | January 2014 – December 2014
Service Design Manager
Partnered with founders to define business service strategies that aligned with client needs.
Established efficient workflow among design team to ensure services were completed per client specifications, reducing revision cycles and budget spent per project by 30%.
Mapped client journey to clarify and redesign key service touch points for improved client experience.
Owned client relationships from kick off to retrospective in both English and Italian for notable luxury brands such as Ferragamo, Mazzei Wineries as well as numerable high-profile private accounts.
- Grew web referrals by 25% and increased budget per project by 50% with new website design.
- Reduced image search time from 8 minutes to 30 seconds by driving data management software implementation.
Berlitz & Live Institute, Florence, Italy | May 2012 – January 2014
ESL CORPORATE TRAINER
Drove learning objectives for high-profile companies, such as GE, Selex ES, Menarini Pharmaceuticals, and Yves Saint Laurent, to ensure effective curriculum for personnel.
Lead training, inclusive of neuroscience principles, for executive-level learning programs.
- Increased student retention and successful completion rates from 75% to 98% in 8 months.
- Developed innovative teaching methodologies to ensure understanding and increased knowledge base.
Fortress Investment Group, New York, NY | August 2007 – July 2008
Increased recruitment for high-profile corporation encompassing 5 countries and over 200 jobs.
Revamped hiring methodologies and implemented new strategies to improve recruiting outcomes.
Lead internship program to increase opportunities for competent and educated new hires.
AR New York, New York, NY | February 2006 – July 2007
Creative Group Coordinator
Instituted enhanced project workflow initiatives via creative directors and design team.
Streamlined internship program to ensure company visibility and increased intern-hire rates.
Spearheaded development of visual tools to ensure communications between departments.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Professional Studies, Interior Architecture
Marist College, Florence, Italy, December 2010 | GPA: 3.8, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts, Theater/ Speech
Wagner College, New York, NY, May 2003 | GPA: 3.4, Departmental Academic Honors
UX Design, Design Thinking & Design Research Certificates
Interaction Design Foundation | August 2015 | November 2015 | February 2016
Facilitators Guide & Course for Human-Centered Design
Acumen & IDEO.org | April 2016
VOLUNTEER WORK & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
OpenIDEO | San Diego Chapter Founder & Organizer, Online Contributor & Community Mentor | March 2015 – May 2017
Interaction Design Foundation | Member | March 2015 – Present
UX Speakeasy (IXDA) | Member | July 2016 – Present
San Diego Experience Design (SDXD) | Member | July 2016 – Present
DESIGN, SOFTWARE & COMPUTER SKILLS
Design Leadership | Management | Service Design | Design Research | Human-Centered Design Methods | Change Management | Project Management | Concept Development | Process Development | Journey/Process Mapping | Photoshop | InDesign | Microsoft Office | Mavenlink
Languages: Italian (intermediate)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Think Prize | Financial Empowerment Challenge | OpenIDEO, Co-Op of Credit Unions & Mastercard | June 2015