“Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters." – Margaret Wheatley
EDUCATION: HIGHER ED WORKSHOPS
ACTIVATION: OPEN IDEO SD CHAPTER
DESIGN THINKING FACILITATION & CULTURAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
March 2016 – Present | ELM, San Diego, CA
CLIENT EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR (Dec 2016 – present)
SR. CLIENT EXPERIENCE MANAGER/ RESEARCH & STRATEGY SPECIALIST (March – Dec 2016)
- Lead internal company workshops for the improvement of company processes using Design Thinking methods.
- Facilitate client workshops for the development of learning content and iterative development processes for high-profile.
- Consult on best practices of Human-Centered Design/ Design Thinking for internal development and client initiatives.
- Mentor team members to build awareness of HCD principles.
- Advocate for the integration of Design Thinking process, such as co-creation, design research, and prototyping into the company culture.
September 2016 – Present | OpenIDEO San Diego Chapter, San Diego, CA
FOUNDER/ ORGANIZER/ FACILITATOR
- Lead HCD education efforts, founding the first local San Diego chapter of OpenIDEO
- Facilitate monthly community workshops, guiding participants through the HCD process, often for their first time.
- Mentor organizers and group members in developing Design Thinking facilitation skills.
- Awarded THINK 15 Prize for concept development and HCD process leadership on OpenIDEO global online platform.
- Invited to facilitate Design Thinking workshop with IDEO for credit union employees at Co-op THINK 16 Conference.
ADDITIONAL FACILITATION & TRAINING EXPERIENCE
May 2012 – January 2014 | Berlitz & Live Institute, Florence, Italy
ESL CORPORATE TRAINER
- Coordinated learning objectives for high-profile companies, such as General Electric, Selex ES, Menarini Pharmaceuticals, and Yves Saint Laurent, to ensure effective curriculum for personnel.
- Performed teaching and training seminars based on basic neuroscience principles.
- Increased student retention and successful completion rates from 75% to 98%.
- Developed innovative teaching methodologies to ensure understanding and increased knowledge base.
March 2005 – January 2016 | USA & Florence, Italy
YOGA INSTRUCTOR (RYT)/ ADJUNCT DANCE INSTRUCTOR
- Instructed corporate yoga sessions at The Asbury Park Press, Neptune, NJ
- Initiated and developed yoga program for international university students, Istituto Lorenzo de'Medici, Florence, Italy
- Instructed college-level Jazz Dance course for university students, Istituto Lorenzo de'Medici, Florence, Italy
- Led open studio classes at Freehold Yoga Center, Freehold NJ & Radici Yoga, Florence, Italy
- Taught donation-based classes for senior citizens at O'Neil Manor, San Diego, CA