"The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have." –Steve Jobs
EXPERIENCE DESIGNER/ RESEARCH & STRATEGY SPECIALIST
Human-Centered Design | Client Experience | Service Design | Facilitation
- Skilled design professional focused on enhancing design operations and implementing service improvements.
- Analytical and decisive individual with proven track record building creative strategies to meet client objectives.
- Leader among creators and designers focused on mentoring and enhancing knowledge to implement best practices and consistency.
- Diverse experience as designer for prestigious organizations creating impactful solutions for companies.
March 2016 – Present | eLearning Mind, San Diego, CA
CLIENT EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR
(December 2016 – present)
- Lead Department of Project Managers and Coordinators
- Collaborate with company Directors and Executives to set business goals, plan and execute company-wide initiatives.
- Monitor and Analyze quality of client experience interactions across the company to map pain points, encourage co-creation and facilitate problem solving.
- Consult on best practices of Human-Centered Design/ Design Thinking for internal development and client initiatives.
- Manage development of research strategies for the collection of client and user experience data.
- Lead the design of iterative development processes as applied to enterprise-level learning programs.
SR. CLIENT EXPERIENCE MANAGER/ RESEARCH & STRATEGY SPECIALIST
(March – December 2016)
Build and manage client relationships with high-profile companies such as General Electric, Eli Lilly, The YMCA, Gap, Inc., Estée Lauder and Godiva.
- Facilitate the improvement of internal company processes using Design Thinking methods.
- Lead development of research strategies for the collection of client and user experience data.
- Collect and communicate client feedback to monitor the health of client relationships for continuous improvement of client experience.
- Advocate for client needs throughout product development process.
- Manage scope, budget, timeline and resource allocation for the custom build of interactive e-learning modules/ videos for corporate learning programs.
January 2011 – March 2016 | Freebird Creative, Florence, Italy & San Diego, CA
DESIGN, RESEARCH & STRATEGY CONSULTANT
- Successfully led numerous freelance design projects for high-profile corporations including Axogen, Hanggi, UC Health, The Showalter Group, and Istituto Lorenzo de’Medici.
- Strategically crafted project approaches to meet unique needs of clients and stakeholders.
- Employed user-centered design methods, such as personas, interviews and task analysis to frame problems, define insights and guide design concepts.
- Increased sales leads by 150% by establishing visual design for fortune 500-company trade show booths.
- Increased potential efficiency by 50% designing processes for eLearning company in San Diego.
January 2014 – December 2014 | Tuscany Flowers, Florence, Italy
- Partnered with leadership to define business service strategies that aligned with client needs.
- Established efficient workflow among design team to ensure services were completed per client specifications, reducing revision cycles and budget spent per project.
- Increased design consistency by creating branding guidelines, templates, and patterns.
- Managed client relationships from kick off to retrospective in both English and Italian.
- Grew web referrals by 25% and increased budget per project by 50%.
- Reduced image search time from 8 minutes to 30 seconds by revamping data management software.
May 2012 – January 2014 | Berlitz & Live Institute, Florence, Italy
ESL CORPORATE TRAINER
- Coordinated learning objectives for high-profile companies, such as General Electric, Selex ES, Menarini Pharmaceuticals, and Yves Saint Laurent, to ensure effective curriculum for personnel.
- Performed teaching and training seminars based on basic neuroscience principles.
- Increased student retention and successful completion rates from 75% to 98%.
- Developed innovative teaching methodologies to ensure understanding and increased knowledge base.
August 2007 – July 2008 | Fortress Investment Group, New York, NY
- Increased recruitment for high-profile corporation encompassing 5 countries and over 200 jobs.
- Revamped hiring methodologies and implemented new strategies to improve recruiting outcomes.
- Established internship program to increase opportunities for competent and educated new hires.
February 2006 – July 2007 | AR New York, New York, NY
CREATIVE GROUP COORDINATOR
- Instituted enhanced project workflow initiatives via creative directors and design team.
- Streamlined internship program to ensure company visibility and increased intern-hire rates.
- Spearheaded development of visual tools to ensure communications between departments.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Professional Studies, Interior Architecture
Marist College, Florence, Italy, December 2010 | GPA: 3.8, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts, Theater/ Speech
Wagner College, New York, NY, May 2003 | GPA: 3.4, Departmental Academic Honors
UX Design, Design Thinking & Design Research Certificates
Interaction Design Foundation | August 2015 | November 2015 | February 2016
Facilitators Guide & Course for Human-Centered Design
Acumen & IDEO.org | Present
VOLUNTEER WORK & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
OpenIDEO | San Diego Chapter Founder and Organizer, Online Contributor and Community Mentor | March 2015 – Present
Interaction Design Foundation | Member and Student | March 2015 – Present
UX Speakeasy (IXDA) | Member | July 2016 – Present
San Diego Experience Design (SDXD) | Member | July 2016 – Present
DESIGN, SOFTWARE & COMPUTER SKILLS
Service Design | Design Research | Design Thinking/HCD | Project Management | Concept Development | Process Development | Journey/Process Mapping | Visual Design | Interactive Prototyping | Print Management | Photoshop | InDesign | Illustrator | Auto CAD | Sketch Up | Key Shot | Rhino | Modo| Muse | Balsamiq
Languages: Italian (intermediate)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Think Prize | Financial Empowerment Challenge | OpenIDEO, Co-Op of Credit Unions & Mastercard | June 2015