UX | Branding Design for Tuscan Luxury

As the overall Tuscany Flowers service path evaluation was being conducted, refreshing the visual brand and updating the web platform quickly became a top priority.  An updated modern look and feel, as well as a new, responsive website site was a big part of targeting clientele, showcasing their work and solidifying their place as a premier couture floral design studio in Tuscany.

Scope:

Visual Re-branding, User personas, Platform Selection, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Content Development and Visual Design.

Outcome:

Increased client to site interaction. A 50% increase in average sales per project, leading to an exponential increase in profit for the season.

 

Frame

Benchmarking & Branding

 While the physical environment at Tuscany Flowers had been well designed and executed to exude luxury service, the visual branding elements such as the logo, marketing collateral and website were sending a different message. This lack of clarity was causing Tuscany Flowers to attract an audience that was not in line with their target. Beginning with a review of the business goals and some benchmarking of competitive and compatible luxury brands, I set to work on a fresh identity that would better align with the company's level of service.

TF-Brand-Benchmarking.jpg

Discover


Research & Personas

While simultaneously refreshing the brand, I conducted further discovery to prepare for the upgrade of a new, responsive company website with:

  • Stakeholder interviews
  • Contextual observation of clients and stakeholders
  • Website benchmarking
  • Evaluation of current website analytics

Based on the analysis of the company's marketing/website needs and constraints established with leadership, I pursued further research into an appropriate platform and approach for the site. 

Design


Planning, IA & Wireframes

After establishing the site messages and taking into account the limited budget and a desired deadline of about two weeks to launch, I decided a template would be the best approach to the website. I chose SquareSpace for its modern templates, easy maintenance, low hosting costs and clean code. After laying out the functional needs of the site, I created a plan to roll out the site in phases.  Upon deeper exploration into available templates, I sketched out the basic architecture of each, created simple mockups and presented options to leadership for selection. As the team preferred a mix of the templates, I then sketched a final wireframe that accounted for structural adjustments.

Content Development

After drawing the architecture of the site, I began to drill down into the content details. As the user's native languages were mixed, we decided as a team to proceed with the English first as the most common international language, and add Italian in a later phase. It was important to keep the focus on the photographs to both highlight the work and relieve any language burden for ESL speakers.

Regarding the visual elements, I worked closely with leadership and the design team to select photographs and create collages that would best showcase the floral designs, highlighting the quality and style. Many of the best projects were lacking professional photographs, so substantial photo editing was done to make the photos web ready and deliver the necessary visual impact.

Implement


Creation & Launch

The site was created using the SquareSpace template as a general baseline with some architectural restructuring and minor CSS code injections to match the functionality needs and expectations of the users and company leadership. The site was launched in phases according to the scheduled plan, the first  phase meeting the two-week deadline, with additional content, like translations and the blog, being added over the next few months.